About Sugarloaf Mountain Golf Club (Minneola, FL)
This semi-private club, designed by the architect team of Bill Coore & Ben Crenshaw, is their first-ever Florida project and already destined to become legendary. Set in Minneola (west of Orlando, near Clermont) atop the highest point on Florida's peninsula, Sugarloaf Mountain offers spectacular views, dramatic elevation changes up to 250 feet, and features backdrops and a memorable layout unlike any other in Florida; the vistas are absolutely spectacular! Following the natural features of the land, it highlights Coore & Crenshaw's signature emphasis of strategic concepts meshed with simplistic design - just pure golf at its best, no bells & whistles. Lake Apopka and lush oak forests provide beautiful rural and background scenery at a convenient distance from Orlando... approximately 35-40 minutes from most area hotels. Check out those surcharges - great value! ADDED-VALUE: FREE REPLAYS per availability (9/01-12/31/11 and 5/01-12/31/12).
- Ranked #5 "Best Courses To Play" in Florida - GolfWeek, 2012
"Top 10 New Courses in the World" - Travel & Leisure Golf Magazine
"7th Best New Course in the Country" - Golf Digest
Voted #10 "Best Public Golf Courses in Florida 2010" by Golf Magazine
- Year Built: 2008
- Architect: Bill Coore & Ben Crenshaw
- Fairway Grass: 419 Bermuda
- Green: Jones-Dwarf
- Winter Fairway: 419 Bermuda/Rye
- Winter Green: Jones-Dwarf
- Cocktail Lounge —Limited stock
- Club Rentals —$30.00/set Callaway Diablo woods and X-22 Irons.
- Free Range Balls
- Practice Facilities
- Restaurant —Grille-style with panoramic views
- Restrooms on Course
- Softspikes Required
- Proper Golf Attire Required
- No Restrictions at this time.